Saturday 16 November 2013

Shinkei

This is a newly opened Japanese buffet restaurant at 600@Toa Payoh which is at lorong 4 (near Toa Payoh Library). I'm not sure about lunch time, but it was very peaceful during dinner time. Especially after a long long week at work, this is a place to rest your mind and eat to your satisfaction. No crying kids and loud nonsense music.




At $39++ (Fridays and weekends dinner), you can order everything from the menu. From teppan chicken heart to curry rice and sashimi, everything is free flow.

And I must say, these food were not that bad! I shall let the photos do the talking...

 Crispy on the outside, smooth inside.







 The sashimi platter was very generous.

 California rolls were great too! Seaweed was crispy, mayonnaise was delicious and rice perfectly cooked. 

They have nice cold premium beer at $8 too...superb!

I couldn't wait to dig in, so I didn't manage to take photos of most dishes.
 
I think it does not do this place justice just by looking at its price. Beside providing good standard Japanese dishes, they offered great service. The waitresses were very polite and full of smiles. To me, service and ambience are keys to customer's satisfaction. I would love to go back again to try out all the items. They have so many! I wonder how they can finish washing all the small small plates..maybe they have a heavy duty dish washing machine?

So here are my views:
Ambience 3/5
Food 3/5
Service 3.5/5
Price Slightly steep but can try it!
Toilet Availability 0/5 (but you can use the clean toilets in the building)

Check them out at facebook.com/shinkei.

Lunch: 11.30am - 2.30pm
Dinner: 6pm - 10.30pm

Address: 600 Lorong 4 Toa Payoh #01-06/07/09/10, Singapore 319515
Telephone: 6255 5598

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment